- Employment has been on the rise in Northern Ireland since 2008, with the employment rate sitting at 67.1% in 2013.
- However, Belfast itself only has a 56.4% average employment rate, and is constantly flutating.
- The unempoyment rate of Belfast was 6.2% in 2013, however the long-term unemployment rate was only 3.2%.
- 17.1% of 16-24 year olds were not in training, educatio or employment in 2013
However, although useful these were not sme the mian statistics we needed.
- The poverty rate in Northern Ireland in 2013/14 was 21%.
- And the child poverty rate was 23%
- However, child poverty rates have been steadily declining.
- Relative poverty rates are higher in rural areas of NI.
- The level of people leaving school without GCSEs is rising, and by extensin so are the number of people leaving without A levels.
- However 79% f students still manage to achieve 5 GCSEs or more.
- 17% of adults have no formal qualifications,
- 22% of P7 pupils said the had being physically or verbally bullied, 13% said that they had fallen victim to cyber bullying.
- 1.7% of households were overcrowded.
- 11% of homes didn’t meet the decent living standards though.
- 42% of homes are in fuel poverty.
- The life expectancy in males is 78 and for females it is 82.
- The premature mortality rate for males is 212 and for females it is 142.
- The infant mortality rate is 4.8%.
- 5% of P1 students are obese.
- 934 young people are awaiting their first mental health appointment.
- 21,303 dental extractions were performed on under 18’s in 2015.
- Drugs (73%), alcohol (59%) and a lack of discipline from parents (53%) were the three factors most commonly identified by NICS 2015/16 respondents as major causes of crime in Northern Ireland today. When asked which single factor they considered to be the main cause of crime, the most common responses, cited by 33% and 18% of respondents respectively, were drugs and a lack of discipline from parents.
- Only 10% of the population fearbeing the victim of a crime.
- 73% said that ‘fear of crime’ had a minimal effect of their life.
The PDFS which I recieved mos of my information are listed below: